The final FragNet workshop was held in Basel from June 24-28, 2018. This culmination event was held at the Novartis campus. As the final workshop, ESRs presented the results of their research. Professionals were also invited to talk about careers in the pharmaceutical sciences.
Day 1: Workshop on the drug development process. Novartis scientists talked about various aspects of the process. The ESRs also visied the state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities of Novartis.
- Fernando Romero and Daniel D' Orazio - the entire drug discovery and development process
- Philipp Lustenberger - chemical and analytical development
- Nora Eifler - pharmaceutical and analytical development
- Geneviève Le Visage - regulatory affairs.
Day 2-3: Project presentations by ESRs. This was complemented by presentations from Dan Erlanson (Carmot Therapeutics), Gerhard Klebe (University of Marburg), Manuel Hilbert (Roche).
Day 4. Talks by professionals on career options after the PhD.
- Holger Petersen - patent attorney (Novartis)
- Claudia Bellomo, Marco Francesco Morini - regulatory affairs (Novartis)
- Lukasz Skora - development (Novartis)
- Alberto Oddo - strategy consulting (Novo Nordisk)
- Simon Ittig - entrepreneurship (T3 Pharmaceuticals)
- Luca Wacker - applying for research grants (University of Basel)
Day 5: Talks on career development.
- Job application skills (CV, cover letter, interviews) - Peter Reinhardt (Novartis)
- Applying for a postdoc and scientific publishing - Gregor Cicchetti (Paul Scherrer Institut)
- Herrmann‐Brain‐Dominance‐Instrument - Janine Turbiez (Novartis)