We are looking for 1 highly motivated and talented student with an MSc degree who is interested in an ambitious multidisciplinary project on Fragment-Based Lead Discovery (FBLD).
The objectives of FragNet are to (a) train a cohort of ESRs across FBLD methods and (b) develop individual skills in research into either new methods in FBLD or to apply FBLD to interrogate biological systems.
At this moment we have 1 vacancies (see Projects)
- Generously funded positions (duration 36 months) for 15 Early stage researchers (ESRs)
- High profile research projects in an Innovative European Training Network Program
- Excellent facilities for research and education
- Research training in both academic and industrial settings
- Training in state-of-the-art scientific and transferable skills
- Intensive contacts with international collaborators & secondments in other research laboratories
FragNet is looking for candidates that:
- are highly motivated and talented
- are able to work in a multidisciplinary team
- are keen on intra-European mobility to perform PhD research abroad
- have good communication skills
Selection criteria of the candidate:
- fulfil the eligibility criteria (ESR, international mobility) for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (Horizon 2020)
- have a MSc degree in Life Sciences or obtain a MSc degree by September 2016
- have completed a research internship with relevant expertise
- have obtained high grades during his/her studies
- be fluent in English
Application procedure deadline February 12th, 2016:
- Detailed CV (include information on your BSc and MSc studies, languages, achievements, expertise).
- Motivation letter, addressed to the FragNet selection committee, explaining your motivation why you apply with us. You have to indicate which FragNet ESR project(s) you are interested in (please motivate your selection and indicate which has your preference).
- Provide contact details of at least 2 references (names, addresses, emails).
- Reference letter from one of the enlisted references.
- Copies of your key educational certificates.
- Transcript of Records (i.e. documents enlisting your performance as BSc and MSc student over time by listing the course units or modules taken, credits gained and the grades awarded). If you have not completed your MSc degree yet include all grades obtained so far.
3. You may apply to more than one ESR position, but submit a separate and dedicated application file for each position.
4. If applicable provide a language certificate Application is OPEN 3. The applications will be assessed by the FragNet selection committee, in which all group leaders are represented. Candidates are in particular evaluated on creativity, originality, intellectual capacity and quality of CV and motivation letter. The selection committee also takes into account interdisciplinary and gender balance.
5. Potential (Skype) interviews will be arranged with the group leaders associated with the ESR projects.
6. The ultimate starting date for the ESR projects is: 1st September 2016, as the complete Fragnet ESR cohort will participate in the first Fragnet workshop that will be organized in York, UK in September 2016.
For other FragNet related questions please contact: email@example.com
Specific eligibility criteria
Eligibility criteria of Marie Curie Initial Training Networks apply. Only applicants who comply to the following conditions will be considered:
Conditions of experience (ESR): Candidates must be, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the MSc degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate.
Conditions of international mobility: Eligible candidates may be of any nationality but must not, at the time of recruitment have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 last years immediately prior to the reference date.
February 12th: The deadline for applications
February 17-19: Eligible and successful evaluated candidates will be invited for a preliminary (Skype or VoIP) interview
March 11th: Applicants should be available for the FRAGNET recruitment day on March 11th 2016. Invitations and travel arrangements will be made by FRAGNET not later than February 19th.